Historically, synthetic rubber consumption registers growth that is driven by increasing rubber demand, especially in the automotive, tyre and non-tyre applications. Of types, the use of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) rates high in a range of applications owing to its excellent mechanical properties.
However, recent economic conflicts such as the trade tensions between the US and China, as well as with Europe and other regional blocs have tipped off the scales for many industries, particularly the automotive sector. This impacts demand for SBR, a key feedstock in the production of tyres for the automotive industry.
Amid uncertainty currently facing Asian supply and demand, which is marked by significant decline in derivatives demand, the Asian market undergoes a period of significant change. Now more than ever, it is essential for the industry to understand what the future could look like.
ICIS, the world’s largest petrochemical market information provider, will be examining where the Asian market, as the dominating market in SBR and other derivatives, is heading and what this could mean for your business’s agenda in moving forward.
ICIS is proud to take the growing butadiene and derivatives portfolio to Singapore in 2019.Join the ICIS Asian Butadiene & Derivatives Conference on 18 – 19 June at PARKROYAL on Pickering in Singapore.
The one day and a half conference aims to tackle the discourse on ‘Asia as the driving force: Are we moving towards shifting market dynamics?’; as well as give the most up to date and relevant industry information from a line-up of industry experts as well ample networking opportunities to help grow and develop your business.
Key reasons to attend:
- The only Asian event focusing on the butadiene market as well as its derivatives
- Full value chain representation to build those business critical relationships
- Latest market insights on key topics such as SBR trends, potential volatility in BD, emerging markets and much more
- Extensive networking opportunities including refreshment breaks and lunches to meet and discuss the important topics dominating the market
- Hear from key companies in Asia on how they see the future of their industry
- Asian butadiene market: Should the market be optimistic?
- China – Is the country on the way to self-sufficiency?
- SB and NB Latex – What part does it play in the BD value chain?
- Insight into Indian BD market
- Natural rubber – How big of a role does it play?
Key speakers including:
- Rajiv Budhraja, Director General, Automotive Tyre Manufacturers’ Association (ATMA)
- Gina Fyffe, CEO, Integra Petrochemicals Pte Ltd
- Robert Meyer, CEO, Halcyon Agri Corporation
- Lekshmi Nair, Head of Economics and Statistics, International Rubber Study Group (IRSG)
- Bernardo Novis Ribeiro, Global Leader for International Markets at Chemicals Business Unit, Braskem Netherlands B.V
- Ekata Sharma, Senior Consultant, Kline
- Ann Sun, Senior Analyst, ICIS Analytics & Consulting, Asia
- Helen Yan, Senior Editor, ICIS
- Senior Representative, Petronas Chemical Marketing
For more information and to secure your place now visit www.icisevents.com/asianbutadiene and quote promocode ABD19RJA when you register.